Subject: [Leica] Bill Allard Pictures online
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 23:25:01 -0500

For you William Albert Allard fans (and who among us isn't?) there is a
group of his pictures on National Geographic's web site:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/blues/index.html

This is his latest essay running in the April '99 issue. Very nice, Leica M
type pictures. He says it's his all-time favorite assignment. Check it out!

He makes some interesting comments in the "Allard's insights into his work"
section. He talks about how blues photography has mostly been done in black
and white because of low light. But how he feels color and things he's
captured the "color" of the blues with his work. I think he's done a superb
job, and his pictures seem to show the kind of work that the M6 and 35
Summilux ASPH can do! :-)

It also lists where his exhibit "A View of the Blues" will travel.
(Florence, Alabama? I'd say where is that, but I was just there for a NCAA
Div. II championship football game his past Winter).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control!