Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: metering middle grey
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 19:16:07 -0500

>So Bob Shell is saying that "all" incident meters are wrong... Mine sure as
>hell isn't and it agrees perfectly with a reflected reading of all of my
>18% grey cards.
>
>There would sure be a hellova lot of industrial/commercial/fashion/fine art
>photographers that have been using their incident meter for decades,
>without knowing that their meter is/was wrong. It's amazing that they take
>such great photographs.
>
>And the schools don't even know this. WOW!!!
>
>Maybe Bob got a bad batch of grey m..... cards.
>
>Jim

Stay happy, do not under any circumstances test one meter against
another. It could go like my 35mm lens test and then I ended up here -
but that's another story.

I'm just glad that my flash meter is adjustable so that it can be made to
read the same as my old incident meter that I took as THE TRUTH not too
long ago. Maybe ALL meters are different. You just gotta learn  how yours
is.

Henry