Subject: Re: [Leica] Cops run amok
From: Harrison McClary <mcclary@iname.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 11:27:56 -0500

>Holy Toledo! Just another example of how the police get confused about
>their mission: They are supposed to protect the public,
>but in recent years have begun to see their mission as
>controlling the public.

Perhaps someone with more recent experience with Media Law could
comment.....but when I took Media Law as part of my Journalism school
studies we discussed how one had the right to take photos at the scene of
an accident/news event on private property untill the property owners
asked you to leave....sounds like these people who were on their own
property were well with in these rights, not to mention a little thing
like, say, the first ammendment.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com