Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V8 #13
From: DAVE YODER <leica@home.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 20:42:00 -0700

I'd have to guess that Huntington Beach cops recruit from San
Bernardino/Riverside, if my experience is anthing to go by. They
arrested me for photographing them randomly grab and wrestle to the
ground people who were trying to obey an order to disperse. I had my
press credentials, etc., and wasn't in anybody's way--the cop who
grabbed me had to make his way past a few people to get me. He told me
my press credentials didn't impress him either. And this on the 4th of
July, of all days (to us U.S. citizens it's loosely been associated with
freedom in the past)...
But it got me a meeting with the chief, who did all but come out and
apologize. Of the 900 people arrested that day and night in HB, I bet I
was the only one offered to talk it over with.
But it was my first time under arrest and it really was fun. There is
some great humor in a paddy wagon full of partiers.

But now for a question: I'm finally going to get Leica back into my bag
(the paper switched us to Canon and it's just not gonna do). I'm
thinking to start off with an R8, 19mm f2.8 and 35mm f2.0. That should
cover 90% of what I do.

Does anyone know offhand what the optimum serial numbers are? I remember
reading a while ago that the R8's LCD changed from green to aqua blue,
and blue's the way to go. I don't want the early bugs. How about that
and the serial numbers of the latest models of those two lenses?

Thanks,

Dave Y.