Subject: Re: [Leica] Cops run amok
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 08:27:08 -0500

At 09:59 PM 4/8/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Displaying a photograph would more likely be found to be an
>expressive act of "speech," but I'm not sure about the taking of the shot.

You can't express (exhibit) it if they won't let you take it. It's called
prior restraint, which is legally only applied to publications, but as far
as I'm concerned, every person has the same right to not be censored, not
just the press.

>As to the second part of your post, do you mean the Fourth Amendment
>instead of the Fifth?

Oops, yep, I meant the fourth. Unreasonable search and seizure applies.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Buddhist to hotdog vendor: "Make me One with everything"