Subject: Re: [Leica] Heliar 4,5/15mm versus Super-Elmar-R 3,5/15mm
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 12:00:59 -0500

I also had a
quick look at the new Tamron 14, and it too has distortion levels which
make the lens completely uninteresting for me. I don't know how it does
w.r.t. resolution, contrast or flare.

I've shot a roll with the new Tamron 14 mm f/2.8 lens. Not a scientific
test by any means, but enough to get a feel for whether I'd like the lens
as I'd use it.

I was particuarly disappointed with the lens' resolution. I've not shot
with any of the 15s, but the resolution from this Tamron was nowhere near
what I'd expect from any of my Nikon lenses (ranging from 20 mm to 180). To
say nothing of how it would compare with a Leica lens.

Larry