Subject: [Leica] HELP!! - M6 EMERGENCY REPAIR ADVICE
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 15:16:01 PDT

Hi Luggers,

PLEASE NOTE: I will NOT be staying on the LUG, so please E Mail any

Well, I am in the middle of a working trip to Central America and my
M6 has packed in!

I unloaded a film and when I loaded a new one it jammed. The shutter
won't cock (won't wind on) and the shutter release won't work. The
shutter curtain appears to be half way across.

SO, any ideas to solve this (I am in Managua, so no chance of a repair
and I have another month to go).

Anyone had this problem and solved it yourself??

Also, could someone either send me Sherry's E Maill address, or
forward this on to her, maybe she will have an idea.

Looks like I will be forced to use my Nikons otherwise!!.

Thanks in advance guys.

Tim A

BTW I will only be able to pick up E Mail till Sunday.