Subject: [Leica] Road hugging weight (totally off topic)
From: "4Season" <4Season@boulder.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 23:11:24 -0600

Spoken as an R8 owner Eric? :-)

Talk about your "Road-Hugging Weight"! That big G3 powerbook screen
(gorgeous? not exactly the word I would use)
suffers from uneven contrast/apparent brightness--certainly not a
Leica-grade picture there, even by notebook standards. As desktop
machines, they are pokey and expensive. As mobile units, you really gotta be
into this sort of thing to want to haul one around much, else you are a lot
burlier than I am! I use an M6--and a Pilot Pro!

Steve Jobs said, "Think Different", so I did--I went and looked at the G3's
competition and decided I liked it better.

Jeff