Subject: [Leica] flash
From: DAVE YODER <leica@home.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 22:35:53 -0700

The gas/flash concern kinda makes a little sense to me. I knew of
someone who was photographing someone's prize fish in his tank and when
he took his first picture there was a zap and the fish floated to the
surface belly-first. The photographer had dipped the head of the
off-camera flash into the water in the top of the tank (he was shooting
from the front, so didn't see what he was doing) and when he discharged
the flash, well, it was Ted Bundy time. True story. Bad way to start off
an assignment though. Makes me wonder what they did with the story afterward.

With respect to the last Mamiya 7 poster, I've got one for sale too.
It's a great system but my bosses have put a Canon zoom in my hands and
expect me to conform. You've got to understand, I hate Canon. So I've
got an M7, 43mm, 65mm and 80mm for sale. Email me at yods@home.com or Leica@home.com.

BTW, a co-worker at the Orange County Register here is in the final
three for winning the feature Pulitzer, to be announced on Monday (Eric
I see in News Photographer that you helped judge the story--and bumped
out mine, you bastard). He's Dan Anderson, and bought an M6 to work on
that story for the reasons we all know so well. I've seen the
competition and I think he's got a real good chance to win it.

Also BTW, I was at Sammy's Cameras in LA yesterday and one of their
Leica users said they did their own benchmark tests and found the R
lenses to be sharper than the M's. How 'bout that?

Dave Y