Subject: Re: [Leica] Binoculars, Old and New
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 16:20:16 -0300

Marc:

Have you looked through any of the Fujinon 7x50 Marine binoculars?  I have
a set and the manual says they exceed other brands in light gathering
ability including the best Ziess 7x50.  I forget the model number, but the
are the rubber armoured, nitrogen filled model that the US military, DEA,
and Coastgard use.  I showed them to a friend who swears by his Leica
8x40's and he promtly pointed them at a dark spot under a bush and was very
impressed by how much light they gathered compared to his Leica binoculars.
 They are however big and heavy, best left on the bridge of a boat or on a
shelf ready to peer at the birds in the back yard.

Regards,

Robert