Subject: [Leica] Re: now R-bodies talk
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 16:45:08 -0700

I completely agree with Eric. For several years I had two R4sP's and an R6.
I sold one R4sP and the R6 and bought two R7's. My daughter also bought an
R7 so we have three in the household, plus the remaining R4sP. The R4sP is
indeed the "best" R4 series camera. I believe the R7 is the best overall
"R" camera today. Somewhat because it is a complete and working "system".
The R7 is the last of a very long lineage. It is rock solid and bug free.
Plus 1/2 shutter speeds and mirror lockup. In "P" mode, it is the most
"dead on" camera I have ever seen. My daughter used her R7 in both a Leica
workshop that I taught and on a three week Europe trip, all in "P" mode.
Everything was dead on. Amazing camera.

Jim