Subject: [Leica] SL2 rewind failure
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:00:45 -0000

LEICAMAN56@aol.com wrote:

>Speaking of SL2's, while rewinding film with mine today, the rewind
knob came
off in my hand!  To say this was a shock was a mild understatement.
Upon
closer examination, the knob sheared off at the top of the rewind
shaft.
Looks like metal fatigue.

I've always been worried by the amount of force which must be applied
to the rewind knob to free the film from the take-up spool.

The manual says that when loading film the user should "insert the
film into one of the slots of the take-up spool" but doesn't make it
clear if the leader should go in one slot and protrude from the next,
or just have its end tucked into one slot. I've always taken the
former approach.

Regards,

Doug Richardson