Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M-6 Pressure Plate Scratches
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:44:16 -0400

I had a film back for a Hasselblad that scratched film, but only certain
films, mainly Kodak TMAX 100.  Apparently tmax film is slightly thicker
than other films.  The scratch was really bad, in the emulsion side of the
film, and only occured at about the 7th or 8th frame.  By winding film
through the back with the slide out and off the camera, it was abvious
where the scratching occured, yet there was nothing obvious IN the back
that was causing the scratch.  I took it into the official Hasselblad
repair facility where I live (Montreal), and they could see the scratches
easily but could not identify any obvious culprit.  Even though the
warrantly was long expired, they gave me a free loaner back, sent the back
to Toronto where it was worked on for 3 months before it was returned, and
has worked fine ever since.  It was not easy for them to repair, and I'm
not exactly sure what they did, since they didn't charge me.

Just felt like sharing.  ;-)

Dan C.