Subject: Re: [Leica] misspelled words
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:17:20 -0400

At 04:07 PM 4/14/99 -0700, you wrote:

>>But they consistently use the word "facism", and there are
>>more examples of this than the LUG archive shows. I can't
>>find "facism" in the dictionary.
>

>The word fascism comes for "fascio" which means fagot in Italian. Now,
>before jumping to fascism, please check fagot in the dictionary.
Joe -
A bundle of sticks? Related to Fascism because of the use of the bundle of
sticks surrounding an axe, a symbol used by the Italian fascisti?

B. D.

(I'll admit I just pulled that out of some neuronal vault, rather than the
dictionary, so it may be as off base as much of what is in my decaying
neuronal vaults..:-) )