Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V7 #86
From: Ninka@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:17:41 EDT

I believe Leica should get an AF RF/SLR out into the market soon.  Many of
us are getting long in the tooth and weak in the eyes and would welcome the
advantages that AF has to offer.  I often ask myself: How can one continue
to happily use a camera which will give blurred shots due to eyesight
problem when there is an alternative loaded with extra features?

Dan K.

- ------------------------------
I belong to the age groop (that you so charmingly describe!) and how right
you are in your viewpoint,  however much I hate to admit it.    This was
confirmed to me when  recently I loaded  my M6 and a Minolta Maxxum 8oosi
with a Tokina lens  with same film  and photographed the same objects at the
same time.  Most of the exposures came out alike, sharp and good, but a few
were definitely sharper taken with the Minolta, naturally due to my less
effectiv focusing.   It gave me something to ponder about.
I cannot imagine, though, that Leitz will ever bring out an M-Leica with
automatic focusing, the whole idea of that camera being that the user is able
to be in full control about everything himself.
Karen S.