Subject: Re: [Leica] 75'lux focusing
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:32:35 -0400

At 05:43 PM 4/15/99 +0200, you wrote:

>Is it a problem only with me, or do many of the users have difficulties
>focusing with this lens?  M6HM may help, but 0.85/0.72 is only an 18%
>increase.  Inability to focus at wide open halves the value of this lens.
>Please help.
>
>Leicalement,
>
>Mikiro
>Strasbourg, France

Mikiro -

This is the lens that gave me the most problems.  I worked with it almost a
year, assuming that I would eventually learn to focus it.  In desperation,
I borrowed another 75 to check out - surprise!  It wasn't me, it was the
lens.  For some reason, my first 75 would never focus accurately wide open.
 I have had no problems at all with the second one.  I sent the first one
back to Leica and they "fixed" it, but I still have more problems with it
than with the newer one.  Good luck with yours!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com/