Subject: Re: [Leica] Compositions and different focussing systems (was75'lux focusing)
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:06:24 -0400

At 11:49 AM 4/16/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I think a groundglass and a rangefinder are two different tools to do
>the same job.
>As if a hammer could drive screws in a kinder world.
>They obtain  similar results in different ways.
>And its hard to say the results themselves will not be different. I
>would hard for them to be the same.
>When what you are seeing is altered by your viewing device would that
>not influence your perceptions?
>You could hope it wouldn't but it would have to.
>Mark Rabiner
Of course!
Have we forgotten that the world migrated from Rfs to Reflexes not because
there was something wrong with the Leica, Zeiss and Nikon rangefinders, but
because the reflex made it possible to really "see the subject," and to
shoot with long lenses? The reflex was supposed to provide a new way of
"seeing." Different way of seeing, different results...