Subject: Re: [Leica] X-ray
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 06:22:45 +0000

>>I will not give the idiots in Belgium another chance to x-ray my film.
>>
>>Bill Grimwood

Aha!....more reasons to use our venerated Leicas with super-duper fast
lenses (ahem!) like the Noctilux 50/1.  Who cares about lead lined bags
good for "5000 films"??   I just carry my Leica M with 1.4 lens and shoot
wide open at 1/4 sec with 100 films and viola... beautiful shots, sharp
images, leica glow, and what have you.  Heck!  Leitz foresaw what would
happen in the year 1999 and manufactured cameras which will handle the
frustrations encountered with airport XRAYS and security!!!  No..?

The point I am trying to make is that airport security is here to stay and
will get worse as terrorism gets more sophisticated and explosive devices
become harder and harder to detect. The nice people at the airport security
are obligated to keep air travel secure and safe. They have nothing against
photographers.  As I have already said, I welcome that.   One will
either have to live with it, get around it (like carrying 400 films or buy
your own plane), or quit.

Dan K.