Subject: Re: [Leica] X-raying of films
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 19:27:49 -0500

At 12:56 PM 4/16/99 -0400, you wrote:
>So how about starting the 700(?) member LUGBC?

The planets are lining up! Earthquakes are going to destroy the Solms plant
for their evil plot to scratch film, keep our 75 Summiluxs out of focus to
enrich the film  manufacturers that give them kickbacks of $666 for each
M666 they sell!

Buy your Leicas fast. No 700 LUGBC clubber will want to be without one!

For only $35 a month, for the next 666 months, you can have your very own
trilateral millennial edition M666 set. It includes a special M6 with
goatskin leather, a viewfinder with frames for one lens - a 50mm 0.7
Noctilenial and a viewfinder magnification of 1.0X.

It comes with a built-in lens shade and a UV filter that has no glass, but
comes with a bottle of Scotchguard to spray on the front element to protect
it. No red dots. It has a black dot, with the name Leica M666 inscribed, in
black. But red tape is available to cover it.

And if you act now, we'll throw in the commemorative R8 Armageddon edition
motor drive. It comes inscribed with the immortal words:

"When hell freezes over, and it did." *

*(Subject to availability. Offer not valid in any state where Canon or
Nikon is offering a similar deal, or it's illegal, or both. Warning, red
tape is known to cause blindness in subjects not wearing shades. Leica will
not accept liability for unfulfilled promises, prophecies or failed claims
that this is the end of the world. Unless the R8 motor drive does appear,
then it surely is the end of all time.)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.