Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Leica with little money?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 00:58:22 -0500

At 11:44 PM 4/16/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I wasn't aware of R4s bodies from Canada.  I doubt that has much to do with
>the price.

In fact, when I lived in Canada, some lenses made in Canada cost more than
lenses made in Germany. For example, the 180 2.8 Elmarit in Germany, the
180 3.4 Apo Telyt in Canada. And I think R4 bodies were more expensive in
Canada (after the exchange rate is taken into account) than in the U.S.
Could be a tariff, but I just thought it was strange that a company partly
based in Canada would have the effect.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.