Subject: RE: [Leica]Longish--Compositions and different focussing systems (Leica Look)
From: "Andrew S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 01:57:59 -0400

Yes, Virginia, I mean Chandos, there may or may not be a Santa Claus but
there is a LEICA LOOK(L^2). And I agree with Eric that it is independent
whether the lens system is M or R. Perhaps the non-retrofocus design gives a
slight edge to the M system at wide angles; but overall the L^2 is always
present. There is also a Contax look and a Hasselblad look. The Contax RTS
lenses(made in Deutschland) produce, for example, extraordinary
sharpness(e.g., 85mm f1.4 Planar) as well as a cool rendition that some may
find unappealing. Priscilla(my ex) and  I have been comparing slides taken
simultaneously by her with the Contax and yours truly with the M6. The
difference mentioned above is always there. Tom or other Contax shooters may
want to comment about this.
By the way, I always thought that in view of the common Zeiss design the
Hasselblad lenses provide color rendition similar to the RTS group. But this
is not the case. Tom, Dan and other multiformat enthusiasts, what do tou
think?

Regards, Andrew Jordan