Subject: [Leica] Leica M SHUTTER TECHNOLOGY
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 09:41:38 EDT

Hello LUGERS ,
I'm quite curious about the technology used in an M Leica shutter .
Also , what's the difference between the shutter of an M4 and an M6 ?
Does anyone on the LUG know why the M4 shutter is so soft and
silent compared to an M6 , which has a more sharp sound .
I have had my M6 from 1986 and found it to be excepionnally soft
and silent , but when I acquired the M4 , I discovered it was ten times
softer .
Any idea ?

Jo Goodtimes