Subject: Re: Re : Re: [Leica] Leica M SHUTTER TECHNOLOGY
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 16:43:13 -0300

Jo:

It might be that one of the cameras is due for a CLA.  I just compared my
M6 and my M3 and there was not much difference in the sound of the shutter
at 1/1000th.  The M3 has just been CLA'd too.  When I had an M4, it did not
sound any different than the M6 either.  I would guess that your M4 needs a
CLA to get the snap back to the shutter.  A good test is the sound it makes
at 1/30th.  You should hear a bouncing sound of the slow speed winding
down.  In my case, the M3 had a louder bounce than the M6.  Maybe it is
time I got my M6 Cla'd ;-)

Regards,

Robert