Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Shutter accuracy?
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 22:04:24 -0400

Some of us aren't bothered a bit by the antiquated M shutter.  I have never
seen any problems with my M photos that can be attributed to the shutter
(in fact I have never seen any problems at all attributable to the camera).
 This has been talked about many times, the M shutter is very robustly
built, and will last for years, probably longer than other components of
the camera.  Apart from the slow sync speed, there is no reason why the
shutter should be updated.

I for one will treasure my M6s that much more the day that they are
discontinued in favour of some more modern design.  If I want electronics,
I will use my Minolta 9, if it ever arrives (there is a huge backorder
situation for it apparently).

Dan C.