Subject: [Leica] [leica] Q on Manual Flash + R8
From: Ben Ho ^_^ <longjohn@netvigator.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 12:03:36 +0800

Hello,

I have been using Metz TTL flash with SCA 3501 on R8 for long time
without problem.

However, when I tried to mount a manual flash (eg. Metx 20B5) on to R8's
hotshoe, the flash becomes unresponsive.  (When mounting, the flash
flashes once.  Once mounted, it stops working.)  Is this normal?  Can R8
use normal maunal flash?

(Think it should, if not the flash meter does not make sense, but my
camera is operating smoothly with the TTL flash.  Kind of confused.)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ben