Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Shutter accuracy?
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:33:08 EDT

In a message dated 4/18/99 11:04:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
henningw@archiphoto.com writes:

<< Henning J. Wulff >>

The comment was directed at a LUG poster who was making disparaging remarks
in regard to a post from a Leica user who was noting a problem and asking for
assistance.  It is everyone's right to post and it is my belief we learn more
from those who provide info than from those who merely attack the poster of
the info.  For that reason I advised the self-appointed censor that I did not
consider the gate keeper of the LUG board.  It is hoped the censor's personal
attacks on LUG posters does not cause the more timid ones to forego sharing
their thoughts with us which would deprive us of the chance to learn
something from one another in regard to Leica cameras and lenses.

It is wonderful that there are Leica users who have never experienced a
single Leica problem in 30-40 years; however, it is beneficial for Leica
users to share their problems so those with the same potential may carefully
check them out rather than proceed straight ahead until it is too late to
save a precious photograph.

Sharing of information is one of the unique attributes in the USA and people
learn from and remedy problems as a result of shared information rather than
sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring the problems.

Therefore, I would rather encourage the sharing of information rather than
discouraging it through personal attacks.

I hope this adequately answered your query, but if not, I will attempt to
find the specific name of the member who was trying to "put down" the LUG
member who had a perfectly legitimate question and was bringing an excellent
issue to our attention.