Subject: [Leica] Leica M SHUTTER TECHNOLOGY
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:21:44 EDT

Dans un courrier daté du 18/04/99 21:58:27  , vous avez écrit :

<< It might be that one of the cameras is due for a CLA.  I just compared my
 M6 and my M3 and there was not much difference in the sound of the shutter
 at 1/1000th.  The M3 has just been CLA'd too.  When I had an M4, it did not
 sound any different than the M6 either.  I would guess that your M4 needs a
 CLA to get the snap back to the shutter.  A good test is the sound it makes
 at 1/30th.  You should hear a bouncing sound of the slow speed winding
 down.  In my case, the M3 had a louder bounce than the M6.  Maybe it is
 time I got my M6 Cla'd ;-)

 Regards,

 Robert >>

Hello Robert ,

I have compared both M4 and M6 with a slide film , at all and identical
speeds,
and the results show no difference , so I think the shutter speeds are the
same on both . For each pic I used the same lens also .
regards.

Jo Goodtimes