Subject: Re: [Leica] The wonderful Imarect...
From: "dan states" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 07:57:09 PDT

Quite right about the masking, and the 135 frame is pretty tiny, but
the prices are still reasonable.  I have been amazed at the prices of
the Nikon and Zeiss viewfinders!  200-500 is WAY out of my price
range for a finder.

How is the accuracy on these "off brand" (ha ha) finders?  Do they
represent the actual picture area, or are they closer to the M finders
85% of actual field.  (I am guessing at this number)

I really like having an accurate representation  available when it is
needed.

Thanks
Dan

>From: Stanley E Yoder <syoder+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU>

>Excerpts from mail: 20-Apr-99 [Leica] Leica Users digest .. by Leica
>Users digest@mejac
>> I have recently purchased a scruffy but mechanically decent imarect
>> variable focal length finder.  IT IS WONDERFUL!  I highly recommend
it
>> for people who,like myself, love the M viewfinder, but wish it more
>> accurately represented the actualy image area.  Also, it shows a
more
>> realistic 35mm "perspective" than the standard viewfinder.
>
>I believe the Imarect is not vari-focal. Rather, it is vari-FRAME.
The
>view and therefore perspective are fixed. It simply masks down
(crops)
>this fixed field as the finder is adjusted for longer focal lengths.
>
>I find the resulting tiny field at, say, 135 to be unsatisfactory.
For