Subject: Re : RE: [Leica] compact camera.....point and shoot.....recommendations?
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:03:01 EDT

Francesco wrote :

<< > For an experienced Leica user who wants a P/S with high quality glass,
 > what do you all recommend?  Konica Hexar with 35/2 lens, Leica Minilux
 > with 40/2.4 lens, or Contax G2 with 45/2 lens?  Which will provide the
 > best
 > image quality for slides, and which offers the most user control, like an
 > M6?
 >
 > Francesco >>

 I think the one of choice is a Leica rangefinder , be it Thread mount or an
M .
 I'd be quite sick with a plastic AF .
 Note that the new ELMAR 50 / 2.8 is not shorter than the SUMMICRON 35 / 2 .
 They are of the same size when mounted on the body with no shade ,
 considering the ELMAR is retracted . ( I own both )

Regards . Jo Goodtimes