Subject: Re: [Leica] compact camera.....point and shoot.....recommendations?
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@actek.com.au>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 01:21:49 +1000

- --------------9CC5A6F5C0E762DF5D582B76

Why don't you try a Leica IIIc Screw mount camera with a collapsible
Elmar 3.5 or Summitar f2 lens. This combination makes for a very compact
system with all the advantages a Leica brings. You can pick it up for
quite a reasonable sum. it will fit in to most pockets. If you get a
slightly worn model, don't bother about a leather case, just use it like
it is. The IIIc is extremely rugged and reliable. I have a 1949 shark
skin model. it never let me down.

Horst Schmidt

Francesco wrote:

>   For an experienced Leica user who wants a P/S with high quality
> glass,what do you all recommend?  Konica Hexar with 35/2 lens, Leica
> Miniluxwith 40/2.4 lens, or Contax G2 with 45/2 lens?  Which will
> provide the bestimage quality for slides, and which offers the most
> user control, like an M6? Francesco

- --------------9CC5A6F5C0E762DF5D582B76

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
Why don't you try a Leica IIIc Screw mount camera with a collapsible Elmar
3.5 or Summitar f2 lens. This combination makes for a very compact system
with all the advantages a Leica brings. You can pick it up for quite a
reasonable sum. it will fit in to most pockets. If you get a slightly worn
model, don't bother about a leather case, just use it like it is. The IIIc
is extremely rugged and reliable. I have a 1949 shark skin model. it never
let me down.

<P>Horst Schmidt
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>Francesco wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;<STYLE></STYLE>
<FONT FACE="Arial"><FONT SIZE=-1>For
an experienced Leica user who wants a P/S with high quality glass,</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE="Arial"><FONT SIZE=-1>what
do you all recommend?&nbsp; Konica Hexar with 35/2 lens, Leica Minilux</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE="Arial"><FONT SIZE=-1>with
40/2.4 lens, or Contax G2 with 45/2 lens?&nbsp; Which will provide the
best</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE="Arial"><FONT SIZE=-1>image quality for slides,
and which offers the most user control, like an M6?</FONT></FONT>&nbsp;<FONT FACE="Arial"><FONT SIZE=-1>Francesco</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
</BODY>
</HTML>

- --------------9CC5A6F5C0E762DF5D582B76--