Subject: [Leica] M6 Multiple Exposures Revisited..
From: nms@inamess.vip.best.com (Nick Silva)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 03:12:09 -0700

OK, I've looked up everything I can on this topic, and shot a number of
rolls, but I still can't do MEs on the M6 with anything approaching
consistency. Does anyone do this on a regular basis who might be able to
shed some light on my problem?

Here's what's happened so far: the first roll I used the accepted method of
tensioning the film, holding the rewind crank still, pushing the R lever,
and advancing the winding lever. Apparently I had tensioned the film much
too tightly, because as soon as I pushed the R lever the film was sucked
back 3 frames or so, and I got MEs on my film where I didn't expect
them..the second roll I used less tension, but apparently not enough in
some cases but too much in others. I had tried tensioning the film, doing
the ME procedure, then untensioning the film, but this didn't seem to
produce much better results. I got some frames with +-2mm registration,
which is OK for my purposes, but also many frames with 1/3 - 1/2 frame
misalignment, which is not. The third roll I only shot one ME, and it came
out ok. I suspect that the tensioning/untensioning is not good for the
film's transport, and that it would be very difficult to take, say, a whole
roll of well-registered MEs.

So am I trying to do something the M6 just won't do? Or am I missing some
clever technique that a ME expert could share with me? Help!

Nick

                       Chance favors the prepared mind.

                          nms@inamess.vip.best.com