Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Macro work
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:10:11 EDT

I believe we can all agree tripods are a real pain; however, there are few
people who are able to hold as steady as a good tripod and if we wish to
exploit the quality built into the Leica camera and lenses, tripods are a
necessity.  My 60 mm lens provides a nice crisp image provided the R camera
is steady on a tripod and not being wagged around by the writer.  In
comparing the Leica cameras and lenses versus the Hasselblad cameras and
lenses, not only is the tripod a necessity, but the mirror raising feature is
also employed to further reduce "blur."

Does anyone have direct experience with the gyro devices that are supposed to
steady the camera?  If so, a post in regard to their effectiveness would be
most appreciated.