Subject: [Leica] Re: polarizers
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:51:33 -0700

I use polarizers with my 28R and 24R/M all the time. The 24R since 1976.
Leica supplies a lens hood with built-in wheel for turning a series 8 Leica
polarizer on the 24mm R lens. I rarely use this lens w/o a polarizer. I
have never ever had any problems using a polarizer on my WA lenses. Under
some circumstances, you can indeed get a slight sky gradation. But it is
not offensive. It seems to be more pronounced with linear polarizers on my
24mm M lens, than with circular polarizers on my 24mm R lens. Anyway, in my
estimation, it's not something to worry about.

Jim