Subject: [Leica] Re: -grade computer monitor?
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 09:33:28 -0400

> If anyone's got a suggestion for a stunningly good 17" or compact 19" setup
> that's reliable, I'd like to hear it.

I've always been extremely impressed with Eizo (formerly Nanao) monitors.
I paid shockingly much relative to other readily-available models at the
time for my T560i 17" years ago, and have never regretted it.  Coming back to
its crisp focus and consistently good convergence after a day at work with
presumably-pretty-fancy workstation monitors is dramatically relaxing to the
eyes.  I think they may sell mostly into the CAD market.

Their homepage is at:

    http://www.eizo.com/index.htm

The FlexScan TX*C7 (a top-notch 17") would likely make you very happy, and the
street price has dropped to $640.  The big T960 should be amazing.

 -Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>