Subject: [Leica] FS: Non-Leica (Nikkor) SM lens
From: Nicholas Hartmann <polyglot@execpc.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:33:51 -0500

FOR SALE:
- ---------

Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 lens in Leica thread mount.

Engraved on front inside filter thread:
NIKKOR-S.C [the "C" is red] 1:1.4 f=5cm Nippon Kogaku Tokyo No. 319XXX

Chrome barrel, pushbutton infinity lock, minimum focus marking is 1.5 feet.
Aperture range 1.4 - 16, click-stopped at whole stops. Click stops are not
equidistant, but bunch up toward the f/16 end. 43-mm filter thread.

Very clean: no dings, obvious scratches or marks (I am not a collector and
not competent to rate E, M, etc.). Optics are coated at least on front
element, and absolutely clear, with no scratches, cleaning marks, haze,
etc. Focusing helical and aperture ring run smoothly, with a slight catch
at the 3.5-foot mark (which appears to be minimum focus distance on my M6).
Includes very ugly but serviceable back cap; no front cap or filter.

This lens first came to Western attention during the Korean War. Acceptable
results wide open, excellent from about f/2.8 on down. Very compact (36 mm
long, 45 mm diameter) and fairly lightweight (approx. 300 gm) despite the
hefty brass construction.

$400 including shipping. References available. Please reply VIA PRIVATE
E-MAIL to <polyglot@execpc.com>.

Thanks,

- -- Nick