Subject: [Leica] Re:R3
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 22:22:52 +0100

Hi Terry,

If the R3-Mot looked like an M6 then you have either seen a valuable rare
hybrid Leica or your idea of similarity and mine are dissimilar...

The R3-Mot was the later (motor compatible) version of the R3, Leica's first
electronic shuttered SLR made with Minolta's co-operation and assistance in
manufacture. Their reputation for reliability is less good than most other
Leica cameras but as has been said here before, 'If it's still working now,
it probably won't go wrong tomorrow' (famous last words...).
It's a competent camera if basic by today's standards, over here in Britain
they go for as low as £150. You'll need to look for 3 cam or R cam lenses to
work with it, 1 or 2 cam lenses won't allow you to exploit all the functions
available. An additional winder was available and loads of other bits
besides.
Welcome to the club!

Jem