Subject: Re: [Leica] LEICA: ARE YOU LISTENING?
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 19:54:39 -0400

I was *nominated* for a Pulitzer prize, once.  Had nothing to do with
photography, of course, and I didn't get so much as a pair of shoelaces for
it.  As Fitzgerald said somewhere, I think, "there aren't any second acts
in American lives."  I suppose that this is because second place (let alone
50th) just don't matter much in our world.

Apologies to non-American luggers.

CHandos

At 04:46 PM 4/24/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Has somebody out there won a Pulitzer?  If so I am will be in complete
>awe! If there are any Pulitzer prize winners on this group, please
>send me your best pair of boots and I will have them nicely shined and
>back to you in a short period of time!
>
>Dan

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http:www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown