Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica quality MF system ?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 20:04:01 +0000

Mikiro at Strasbourg wrote:

>NO OBJECTIONS TO HASSEY, but how about Mamiya 7 (or 6)?
>I used to have a "7".  This is, in fact, an MF Leica-M (MF-Minolta CLE, to
>be more precise).  The optics (wide-angles, in particular) are superb, if
>not better than Zeiss; The viewfinder is clean; The size/weight is
>relatively less burdensome.

Mikori,

I will appreciate if you can provide me with the reference which
objectively proves that the Mamiya wide-angle optics are better than the
Zeiss equivalent.

Although I would beg to differ, what are that facts that makes you think
that the Mamiya optics have that Leica-M characteristics?

Finally, what camera systems/configurations are you comparing with which
makes you come to the conclusion that their "size/weight is relatively less
burdensome"?

Dan K.