Subject: Re: [Leica] Points to ponder....
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:08:04 -0400

 I got to thinking that it is amazing that some of the most innovative
photography products were the result of perceived needs which were met by
what amounted to amateurs.
Kodachrome invented by two musicians, I believe Victor Hasselblad was an
ornithologist who wanted a camera suited for photographing birds, Ernst
Leitz liked to hike and and take pictures, but got tire of carrying a large
view camera- that's the story I heard, and prevailed on Barnack to adapt a
motion picture film exposure tester to be used as a small camera.
Are there any other examples that come to mind?
Dan