Subject: Re: [Leica] Robert De Niro and Leica
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:16:17 -0700

"N.S. Ng" wrote:
> I have the Ronin dvd. No, I do not think it is an R7. I think it is the 6.2.
snip
> > Did anyone pinpoint the model that was used in the movie Ronin?  Was
> > it an R7?

Well if "Robert De Niro and Leica" is a full blown thread I'm going to
say that I remember a film in which De Niro played a fifties McCarthy
Era Hollywood director/producer and gets blackballed. Based on an
obvious real guy whose name escapes...
He hands his son what looked like a Leica (getit?) 111d. It was briefly
on the screen but was such a beaut that it was a germ for me to get into
this thing!!!
My Dad never gave me a 111d!!!! Just a Contarex Bullseye.
Mark Rabiner