Subject: Re: [Leica] short Leica return :)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 23:18:34 -0500

At 09:02 PM 4/27/99 -0700, you wrote:
>So what's hot and humid these days?  Lenses? Spelling? R8?, M2? TA
>Rapidwinder?

Scratching pressure plates. :-) Still.

Even though I talked to Leica the other day and they said it was a small
batch of M6s some time back that got out. Oh well, we shall survive.

Leica Motor is due by August. :-)

An AF Leica SLR is going to come. The Rep. was guessing two years. No AF M
camera. No surprise. But a complete overhaul of the M6 will happen.

Leica management is getting a shakeup. Accountability seems to be the
watchword from the new CEO.

Konica IS coming out with an AE M-mount body. And three lenses too.

Lots of good stuff, in other words.

Welcome back! Looking forward to watching you kick some butts and bring us
back to the reality of why we own Leicas - to make pictures!

So, is the book almost done? Got lots of B&W (he-man stuff) to print yet?
Is Sandy keeping you in line? :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is
that it has never tried to contact us."  - Calvin and Hobbes