Subject: Re: [Leica] A Leica moment
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:40:49 -0700

Chandos wrote:
>I've just posted an image that for me perfectly captures what I associate
>with an RF "look".  I can't imagine capturing such an image with any other
>camera than an M or with any other lens than a 'lux.  This represents for
>me, at least, *one* of the meanings I associate with the Leica "look.">>>>>>

Hi Chandos,

Yep right on the mark!!!!! It is the image making of the 'lux. The
aspherical lenses are wonderful but they don't create the "glow" that the
Summilux does.

The picture you posted has feeling and an environment look to it that some
on the LUG will not like, unfortunately.  But to me a very longtime Leica
user and Summilux shooter just loves. Hell it's this kind of image that
sorts out the Leica shooters from all the "flash and other folks!"

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant