Subject: Re: Focusing M3 Summaron 35 w/o eyes, Was - Re: AW: [Leica] New User Question
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:03:56 EDT

Michael,
The M3 Summaron 35mm/f3.5 with eyes does require the eyes to focus properly
using the rangefinder in the body, according to my recent experience, and
most of the discussions on this subject in the archives. My particular body
is a M6 which does just fine with other lenses. The Leica repairman that
cleaned the lens for me said that the focusing cam could be reshaped to match
the Body rangefinder, but that is a rather costly job and not reversible if I
later get a set of eyes for it.

Thanks for the note on adjusting the rangefinder eccentric.  Regards, Paul
Connet