Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica revisited & production tolerances
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@actek.com.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 21:08:18 +1000

> On vendredi 30 avril 1999 4:36, Andrew S Jordan
> [SMTP:andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net] wrote:
>
> > Eric: I respect you as a photographer, writer and intellectual. But
> please
> > do not respond anymore to posts related to tolerances. I think that some
> of
> > the writers are "agent provocateurs" and Leica haters who would be better
> > off entertaining with their real or imagined grievances some other
> > photographic list.

  Well said, anybody criticizing any Leica ( especially M's and very especially
M6's)
hates Leitz, Leica, Barnack, his brother Fritz and definitely someone uncle.
It has to be said here and now, If you get a dud Leica, shut up about it. Its
not Leica's fault, it has to be yours. I mean, when the person who makes
pressure plates takes a sickie, then its quite natural that the pressure plates
are not perfect. Be happy you got a pressure plate at all. Lets just hope the
person with the shutters or the view finders doesn't go on holiday, or dies.
Stick the QC. If this people don't turn up to work. bad luck.

So don't be a Leica hater, don't mention it, then nobody knows

Horst Schmidt