Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica revisited & production tolerances
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 07:29:11 -0500

At 09:30 AM 4/30/99 +0200, you wrote:
>To my limited intellect, the word 'Jap' does have a negative connotation
>but it is particularly dated.

My former Japanese girlfriend would let you know in no uncertain terms. Not
to mention that a LUGer in the past year has already made this point and
objected to such usage. Guess you didn't see it. I'm sure you yourself are
not racist and didn't intend to offend. There are often contexts where such
usage may not be offensive but, it isn't how YOU define a word that makes
it racist, it's how the person you apply it to reacts.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?