Subject: [Leica] MALLORY FOUND! CAMERA? & Microsoft Outlook difficulties
From: "Folmer, Derek" <derek.folmer@rtit.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 15:30:07 -0400

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BE959B.73979150

What I heard on CBC radio this  morning is that Mallory (and his climbing
partner I believe) was found 270m from the summit! Reports said he was well
preserved. With all the traffic up there in the last years it is incredible
to think that no-one has stumbled into him previously. No camera was found.

Would Mallory have had a Leica? After Mallory didn't it take almost 30 years
before Hillary summitted Everest? That would make Mallory's feat even more
impressive.

Are there other LUG subscribers that use Microsoft Outlook for their email
needs? Whenever I see my posts there are always HTML type codes - is there a
way to avoid this?

Derek

> HOT NEWS FLASH:  George Leigh Mallory, the EPIC early climber on Everest,
> has surfaced.  His body was found yesterday in the snowfield at 27,000
feet.

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BE959B.73979150

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.0.1461.43">
<TITLE>[Leica] MALLORY FOUND! CAMERA? &amp; Microsoft Outlook =
difficulties</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Courier">What I heard on CBC radio this&nbsp; morning =
is that Mallory (and his climbing partner I believe) was found 270m =
from the summit! Reports said he was well preserved. With all the =
traffic up there in the last years it is incredible to think that =
no-one has stumbled into him previously. No camera was =
found.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Courier">Would Mallory have had a Leica? After Mallory =
didn't it take almost 30 years before Hillary summitted Everest? That =
would make Mallory's feat even more impressive.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Courier">Are there other LUG subscribers that use =
Microsoft Outlook for their email needs? Whenever I see my posts there =
are always HTML type codes - is there a way to avoid this?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Courier">Derek</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Courier">From: Marc James Small =
&lt;msmall@roanoke.infi.net&gt;</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Courier">Subject: [Leica] MALLORY FOUND! =
CAMERA?</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Courier">&gt; HOT NEWS FLASH:&nbsp; George Leigh =
Mallory, the EPIC early climber on Everest,</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Courier">&gt; has surfaced.&nbsp; His body was found =
yesterday in the snowfield at 27,000</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Courier">feet.</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Courier">&gt;</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>