Subject: Re: [Leica] AF, a FAD? Kinda!:)
From: "Bill O'Connell" <woc2@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 23:54:44 -0400

Just to keep the pot boiling with my .02.  Having shot auto racing for more
years then I would like to remember and spent more on film then my account would
like to know about, I find that AF does help sometimes - and hinders others.
Hows that for taking both sides????
I have used a Rollie TLR in the 60s - very hard as anyone that has ever used a
TLR can understand but back then you could stand trackside so a long lens was no
needed.  I also used a Hassy (w/prisim) for no other reason then to show some
folks it can be done.  Again, not easy but interesting.
I have also used Canon F1, Minolta 9000 (sucked), Nikon F3, 8008s, F4, F5, and
N90s.  My choice is the N90s (and most probably the F100 which came to live
here).  Why?  Well for I have the option of using AF or MF depending on what I
am doing, and that make a difference to me.  As for metering I tend to use
manual metering.
When I use AF are all my shots on target?  Nope, but the same with MF.  Guess
what I'm thinking is, there is more then enough room for both types and the
person pushing the button should make the choice that makes them comfortable.
After all, it is a tool and it should fit your needs, not mine or anyone elses.
Bill - staying up much to late (to watch the Formula 1 replay)