Subject: Re: [Leica] re: AF, RF how they are similar!
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 09:34:52 -0500

>This is no different than focusing on the rangefinder spot with a Leica
>M.

I also find that I  use my F5 autofocus spots like the rangefinder spot
in the M6. The only difference is that the focus is done with the motor
in the camera. I am still deciding where focus occurs. I'm not giving up
any "creative control"

Using the AF cameras without thought or intention gives a result that is
mostly an accident! Sometimes a good accident but an accident anyway.

The two focusing methods are so very similar I have little or no trouble
using the two cameras together. And getting the benefit of the F5 meter
is great!

It still comes down to my having intention and then executing it. I can
happily do it with either system.

Henry