Subject: Re: [Leica] AF, a FAD? Kinda!:)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 08:43:09 -0700

Ted Grant wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> WOW! we do have a heavy duty AF_MF thing taking-up a lot of space.
>
> How's this for a suggestion? Can we  get on to other Leica topics as the
> present one wont be resolved for a few years. Not at the rate this is going.
snip
> Have a nice day shooting at whatever your preference! :)
>
> Ted Grant
Ted!
I'm having a late morning on my second cup of coffee reading nice posts
from people I've never heard of in this venue on this AF thing and it's
convolutednesses and it's got the interest and excitement level jacked
up a bit which is better than the doom and gloom punctuated by boredom
and arrogance of a week ago.
But you've got to start your interesting and positive weigh in (snipped)
by saying we've talked about this thing enough.
Why is that? Why not let whoever wants to weigh in on this do so until
it fizzles out naturally?
I always see this here I can't remember who it is but I always wonder
about it.
What's a bit more disconcerting is the need by some to have anger as
their motive for posting.
I say pick another emotion and fly with that. Anything's good to get a
good discussion going but some raises the stress level unnecessarily.
That's it on the personal front and all the ships at sea.
Mark Rabiner