Subject: RE: [Leica] AF, a FAD?
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 09:33:10 -0700

Eric,

I have not attacked you on a personal level, yet you said:

	"If you believe that, you really don't understand photography. You
can't get
	the same picture with 100 ISO film and a 5.6 lens that you can with
an ISO
	100 speed film and a 2.8 lens. No matter how stable the lens is, if
you are
	shooting baseball, you have to have a 1/500 (or at least 1/360)
shutter
	speed, or the subject will be blurred. The plate might be tack
sharp, but
	the players will blur."

Perhaps I want a blur, perhaps I am shooting MS100/1000 pushed to 800.
Maybe I don't want the whole background to be blown out and prefer an F8
aperture.  Photography like any art, is a subjective judgement of a given
opportunity.  Sometimes we blow it, sometimes we don't.

Peter K